The Engineering and Maintenance Division is responsible for campus development, maintenance and safety
The Engineering and Maintenance Division is responsible for campus development, from preparing a master plan for campus development to planning and carrying out projects related to construction, infrastructure and energy, to maintaining the campus, housekeeping tasks and operating the University’s security network.
We, at the Division, see ourselves as partners and supporters of the research and teaching taking place at the University.
- Design and construct new and innovative buildings that are consistent with the master plan, preserve campus spaces and connect the University with its surroundings.
- Care for and maintain existing buildings and infrastructures, and preserve campus spaces and its appearance for the benefit of the University’s students, faculty, and guests.
- Promote, develop and supervise buildings and renovation projects for classrooms, conference rooms, clinics and laboratories in support of teaching and pioneering research.
- Operate a maintenance call center that can provide services and urgent responses to any breakdowns in the buildings and on campus.
- Safeguard the security and lives of employees, guests and students.
The Tel Aviv University campus consists of more than 100 buildings covering an area of some 870 dunams. The Engineering and Maintenance Division plays a key role in the ongoing management of this space and takes an active part in initiating additional projects to create a lively and dynamic environment for the well-being of our students and visitors to the campus.
Ofer Lugassi, VP of Engineering and Maintenance Division